Monday, June 08, 2009

1962 East London - Chocolate Shake

It vaguely registers with my senses that someone has ordered a vanilla milkshake. This is outside of my reality and I push the thought away.

We're at a corner cafe near the Eastern Beach. I was fortunate enough to be allowed to join my Aunty Noleen and her older friends on a trip to the beach. The highlight of the afternoon was of course the very special treat of a milkshake!

It is simply inconceivable to me that anyone could or would want anything other than a chocolate flavoured milkshake. I mean, chocolate is the best. I can still think about other flavours (as a choice by other people) but vanilla? Vanilla is no flavour at all. No, I shut that one out – the concept niggles at the rear of my consciousness but it doesn't bother me.

(7 years old)

3 comments:

SierraBella said...

Nice memory.
I'd much prefer vanilla to most chocolate shakes... although as a child, chocolate would have been the big winner.

I thought you and Jane were already married? If not, congrats to you both!!!

dre said...

Vanilla is my hands-down favorite today. :)
Thanks for the congrats! Hopefully we tie the knot for real in 2010.
And Merry Xmas SierraBella!

SierraBella said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!