Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 Summary


* Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Eid, Winter Solstice and Happy New Year! *

Did you visit us in 2012? If you did, THANK YOU! We loved having you and appreciate your time.   If not, WHY NOT? 
Our quaint town with its landmark Morro Rock jutting into the ocean between endless miles of beaches makes for a perfect getaway. 
If you are into surfing bring a wetsuit for sure. I might not have mastered the sport yet but Jane gave me a surfboard for my birthday – Yay! – so there are plenty of “sticks” (boards) to go around. 
Expect encounters with seals, sea otters and dolphins once we are out on the waves.   Aaaaah! 

You should at least join us on a walk/run on our pristine shoreline to appreciate the amazing flocks of Snowy Plovers, Terns, Sandpipers and others feeding on the waterline. And, when the local park ranger isn’t watching, toss bits of bread in the air for the Seagulls and admire their aerial artistry. 

If you’re into sailing there’s a chance Mike, Jane’s brother, might take us out on his gorgeous 33 foot Yamaha in Monterey Bay. 
So much fun! 

Yes, folks, this is where people come for holidays and we live here! Sigh! 

Big news!   Jane completed a course that has taken many years of work. (For Scientologists, this is OT 7).   This was a significant milestone and a big win for all of us. 
Expect to see Jane’s fabulous jewelry designs more widely distributed in 2013 – think BIG, right? Right! 

Jane and I love walks on the beach, hanging out at our awesome local coffee bar and watching movies. 
In fact we love to play so much it takes some effort to apply ourselves to productive tasks and studies. Sigh!        

The digital marketing company that employs me has gone through two acquisitions and is now stronger than ever.   I have made my mark there by getting industry best practices widely implemented in addition to my regular software engineering duties. Satisfying!   I work with great people and we socialize well beyond the office walls - surf club, photo groups, parties, etc. 

I ran several 10K’s and a half marathon (and I was faster than all my local, younger friends). “Barefoot” is the new cool thing!   I still coordinate, via email, race events for the Los Angeles chapter of the Dianetics Running Team. 

I have it on good authority that The World Did Not End!   So we encourage everyone to take advantage of this good fortune and come play with us for a spell in the near future.   Jane’s breakfasts are killer! 

We wish you and yours a New Year of flourishing and prospering and – thriving!  
We appreciate you. 

      

No comments: